Data Protection Regulations
Alan Brown MP and his constituency office staff take your privacy seriously. We have reviewed our data processing methods to ensure we are compliant with new Data Protection Regulations. All staff have undertaken Data Protection training and will update their training and awareness on Data Protection when required.
Below you will find information on your rights as a Data Subject and you can read our full Privacy Notice here.
Under Article 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation we are obliged to provide information about your rights in relation to the data collected. You, as a data subject, are entitled to the following:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review - In the event that we refuse your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined below.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Alan Brown MP, or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint with Alan Brown MP or directly with the supervisory authority.
Information Commissioners Office
0303 123 1113
Alan Brown MP
31a Titchfield Street